As questions continue to swirl about the reported suicide of Aaron Hernandez, an interesting detail about the former Patriots tight end’s death emerged Wednesday.
- Tom E. Curran: Sorry, but it's hard to feel sad about Aaron Hernandez
- Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison
- NFL player reaction to Hernandez's suicide runs the gamut
- Bristol county sheriff discusses 'master-manipulator' Aaron Hernandez
- In death, Hernandez's murder conviction likely will be tossed
According to Fox 25’s Bob Ward, Hernandez was found with “John 3:16” written on his forehead. The original report said that it was written in blood, but a follow-up report from Fox 25 said it was written in a “blood red marker.”
Hernandez also reportedly had an open Bible near him when he was found.
John 3:16 reads:
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Hernandez was found in his cell in Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley early Wednesday morning after hanging himself with a bed sheet. He was pronounced dead at 4:07 a.m.