With the 2022 NFL season reaching the midway point, several players returning from injury, reduced roles or down years have recertified themselves as forces to reckon with.
New York Giants star Saquon Barkley has returned from ACL and ankle injuries in 2020 and 2021 to help his team reach a 6-2 record.
The Seattle Seahawks were expected to have a down year after trading Russell Wilson, but Geno Smith has stepped up under center in intriguing fashion and has led the team to a 5-3 record, good for first in the NFC West.
Stay in the game with the latest updates on your beloved Boston sports teams! Sign up here for our All Access Daily newsletter.
Newly acquired San Francisco 49ers star Christian McCaffrey is also climbing the ladder after a hot start to life in the Bay Area, including a triple-crown touchdown outing against the Super Bowl champion Los Angeles Rams last weekend.
With Barkley and Smith leading the way, let’s take a look at more players in the 2022 Comeback Player of the Year race with updated odds:
Who is favored to win NFL Comeback Player of the Year in 2022-23?
Barkley and Smith are currently the top two favorites to win 2022 NFL Comeback Player of the Year, according to odds provided by our betting partner, PointsBet. Here’s a look at all 13 players with odds.
- RB Saquon Barkley, New York Giants: -155
- QB Geno Smith, Seattle Seahawks: +225
- RB Christian McCaffrey, San Francisco 49ers: +750
- RB Derrick Henry, Tennessee Titans: +1200
- OL Nick Gates, New York Giants: +1400
- RB Travis Etienne, Jacksonville Jaguars: +2000
- QB Daniel Jones, New York Giants: +3000
- WR Juju Smith-Schuster, Kansas City Chiefs: +6000
- QB Marcus Mariota, Atlanta Falcons: +7500
- RB Raheem Mostert, Miami Dolphins: +10000
- DE J.J. Watt, Arizona Cardinals: +10000
- DE Carl Lawson, New York Jets: +15000
- WR Chris Godwin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: +15000
Editor's note: All odds are provided by our partner, PointsBet. PointsBet is our Official Sports Betting Partner and we may receive compensation if you place a bet on PointsBet for the first time after clicking our links.