BOSTON -- Rob Gronkowski’s staged antics didn’t end with WrestleMania.
RED SOX 5, PIRATES 3
- Drellich: Red Sox have chance to build new bullpen model
- Bean: Five opening observations
- Benintendi leads Red Sox to Opening Day victory
- Benintendi makes Farrell's lineup selection look smart
- Jackie Bradley Jr. alleviates the skepticism
- Box score
Gronkowski was joined by Tom Brady, James White and Dion Lewis as the Patriots and owner Robert Kraft yelled “Play ball” to cap the Red Sox’ Opening Day pregame ceremonies.
Brady, who threw out the first pitch, held up his Super Bowl jersey, with Gronkowski snatching it from him and running into the outfield. Brady chased him and playfully tackled the tight end, with both players tumbling to the field. The gag was a play on the theft of Brady’s Super Bowl jersey, which was recovered last month after being stolen in the moments after New England’s Super Bowl LI win over the Falcons.